Monday, February 9, 2009

♥ Fushigi Yuugi Fever ♥


While I was on leave, found myself bored and getting fatter each day. With GJ on work, there's nothing I can do but stay at home, sleep, eat, bathe, watch tv and listen to music. Every once in a while though I was doing some mild exercises. I've always made it an afternoon ritual, once the clock hits 4:30 pm, I'd turn the TV on, change the channel to ABC-2 and the marathon begins. From Jimmy Neutron, Spongebob Squarepants, Avatar - change channel - then by 7:30 starts my favorite anime, Fushigi Yuugi. Weee! I was a huge fanatic of this anime back when I was in 2nd year HS. Back then, the anime was being aired on GMA-5 on the same time. It was airing nicely and my friends and I never fail to miss a night w/o watching Fushigi Yuugi, not until they suddenly halted from showing the anime for no reason at all. That really pissed us off! The level of piss didn't get me to the point of crying over it, unlike the Ghost Fighter. I totally cried over that anime when it ended. I'm such a sissy.

Years later (9 years to be exact), finally one network aired it again, thanks to ABC-2. Then on, it became my ritual every weeknights to watch Fushigi Yuugi not until my leave was almost up. I said to myself, I'm not going to let myself disappointed again for missing the show.

Cool thing, my bebeh bought it on DVD. All hail to DVD's!!! I'm sorry MTRCB, I have no choice, I have to buy a pirated one. So much for that, with 52 episodes overall, I watched it on a marathon. 7 hours the 1st day and 4 hours the next then it's done. Am I not acting that obvious that I'm SO into it? haha I ain't denying though.

Fushigi Yuugi, Mysterious Play in English is about a girl named, Miyaka Yuki, a HS student, who was mysteriously taken to a different world with her bestfriend Yui by a book, The Universe of the Four Gods. Both of them, turned out to become as priestesses for two different empire. Miyaka as the Priestess of Suzaku and Yui as Priestess of Seiryu.
With Yui's hatred for Miyaka due to the misfortunes she have encountered while on the magical world and learning that Miyaka only came back for her love, Tamahome and not for her, she turned herself to the Kutou Empire and accepted to be their priestess to revenge against Miyaka.

The rivalry between the Konan and Kutou Empire have made Miyaka and Yui's relationship hanging in a thread. They found themselves racing against each other to be the first one to summon their Gods in exchange of three wishes.

In the end, both priestess were able to summon the Gods and get three wishes. Miyaka and Yui, became friends again and Tamahome reincarnated to Miyaka's world, both ended up happily.

I really love the story of Fushigi Yugi. It's not the typical anime show you see everyday since it contains adult scenes so I don't really recommend this to children.

0 comments: