Wednesday, February 25, 2009

♥ Confessions of a Newbie Mommy ♥

When I was still pregnant, I always thought that I am ready to be a mom; I was wrong. From the moment that I was on labor up to now, I still can't believe how I've made it through. The whole experience was never easy at all.

The nine months of carrying a big ball in my tummy, unexplainable mood swings, weird food cravings, stabbing headache and the forever-taking and oh-so-tiring labor. All these sufferings I endured prior to Akeesha's birth. But it doesn't end there.

On Akeesha's first 2 months, GJ and I are lucky if we can get a 4-hour sleep. Apart from that are the backaches and wristaches we get from carrying her because she resents to be put to bed. The endless and loud cries we hear whenever she's hungry, pooped, peed, have tummy-aches and even while BATHING. Yes, you read that right. There's never a day that passed that she never cried over bathing.

It never ever dawned me that these things can happen. Sure, I had an experience babysitting my nephews but never did I expect this. It's worst than I thought.

Inspite of the tiresome days we had from babysitting my baby, at the end of each day, then we learned are things that can only be taken from first-hand experience of being a mom, a parent. That no matter how messy, demanding, noisy and annoying baby she can be, she'll always be my baby, my angel, my inspiration, my life, my love, my VERY OWN.

Nothing in this world can ever change that.




2 comments:

MaxiVelasco said...

she is so pretty. you are lucky to have her as she is lucky to have you. you are right... no matter how difficult it is to have a baby, if he or she is yours, no difficulties can stop you for pouring your love to her or him.

i love your blog.. keep it up!

Laurie Amor said...

thanks... it's never easy but it's rewarding. With God's help I know I'll be a good mother to her and a wife.